The Garden of the Rockies Museum was established in 1975 by the Mission Valley Heritage Association, for the express purpose of preserving memorabilia from the early pioneers in our community. The MVH Association was started in the 1950’s by the Ronan Woman’s Club, GFWC. Museum pieces were originally housed in the basement of the Old Brick School. In 1980, the Catholic Church donated its Parish Hall, which was the first church in Ronan, to the museum, and it was moved to its current location (the land was donated by the Ronan School District #30). Built in 1910, one of the building’s outstanding features is the embossed tin ceiling and walls.
Exhibits depicting all aspects of the pioneer way of life include photos, household and business furnishings, farm and ranch equipment, and tools. Ronan has long been the agricultural hub of the Mission Valley, and that heritage is evidenced by the many items of farm machinery on the museum premises.